It's going to be a beautiful day today.
I can see the sun coming through the fog outside already. And it makes everything look so beautiful.
Not that I don't enjoy the rain. I do enjoy the rain, but it's nice to have a change every once in a while.
Today I feel lighter. Not physically, but in my spirit.
I think saying goodbye to a bunch of my friends yesterday did it.
It's hard to move forward when you're still clinging to something that's behind you.
I was having a really hard time thinking about leaving for college. But after saying goodbye to a bunch of people it's not so bad now.
It feels good. Refreshing.
I know I'm moving forward, and the excitement of it is starting to hit me.
What are the things that God will teach me in this next year?
What are my struggles going to be?
How am I going to grow spiritually?
What kind of friends am I going to make?
Questions like these excite me!!
They can be a little bit scary, but for now they excite me.
I know I'm going where God wants me. And I know He will hold me together and bring me through anything that comes my way. I just need to hold tightly to Him.
I'm so excited about these next steps in my life! And I'm so excited to see how God will use me to bring glory to Him!
Thank You Jesus for changes. Sometimes I get stuck in a rut and don't want anything to change because it feels comfortable where I'm at. Please help me to grow more in You this next year. And help me to bring You more glory. Thank You for giving me this opportunity to leave home and learn more about who You are. -Amen
It's funny because I have been having some of the same emotions - relief and a growing excitement about going back to Uganda. I don't really like goodbyes so much, but know they are important. I am praying for you in the days ahead! Think of the next chapter as a big adventure and only God knows the details of the story. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruthie! It's kinda nice to know that somebody else is saying goodbye right now now too. I'll be praying for you as well as you're going back to Uganda. And I am super excited about this next part of my life, it will be cool to see what God has planned for me.
ReplyDelete