Yesterday I found out that I got officially accepted at PRBI.
I was so excited! I pretty much knew that I was going to be accepted anyways...but I was still really excited!
I have been working and trying to get ready to leave for the last couple of days, so I decided that I would take a little break.
My brother just gave us a 3 wheeler, so I decided I'd go ride it...seeing as how I was kind pumped and excited and it sounded wild and fun. So as I was going out the door I asked my brother if I needed to wear shoes while I was riding it. He joked around with me about it for a little while, and then he said I'd probably be OK. My mom said I should probably wear some shoes.
But...being the stubborn girl that I am I thought...oh, I'll be just fine.
So I run out and have my little brother start it for me because I couldn't do it. And then I hop on and start going.
I didn't mention yet that this was my first time riding a 3 wheeler.
There couldn't possibly be anything that would go wrong just riding it around our house a few times....or so I thought.
So I rode around the house 1 time, and I went for a 2nd time.
I didn't know how sharp I could turn it without tipping it. I was coming up to a barb wire fence...fast! I tried to turn it, but it didn't seem to want to turn much. So I put on the left hand brake....nothing.
CRASH!!!
Alright...it wasn't anything grand or splendid...I just came right along side the fence and kinda caught the handlebars on it and the back wheel on the fencepost.
My foot...also in the process decided it wanted to be caught on the metal fencepost as well.
And what can I say...it hurt like nothing else, and I noticed it was bleeding right away.
I got the 3 wheeler out of the fence...which wasn't too hard. And I took it out to our shop where my little brother was at. He said it didn't even look like it was a bad crash or anything...and it wasn't. If I would have been over just 5 inches more I would have cleared it completely.
I looked down at my toe and noticed that the skin was all peeled off on the bottom of it. That's the first time I've ever felt sick looking at a cut before.
So...I get inside and my mom finds out. She thinks it's broken...I tend to agree from the way the whole right side of my foot is numb. But eventually I can feel it again and it hurts. I couldn't even walk on it. Yep...there's probably a break in there somewhere.
This morning when I woke up it felt just fine. Maybe it's not broken.
Lets just say I learned some important lessons yesterday.
#1. Don't ride 3 wheelers barefooted.
#2. I can function a lot better when all of my body is in it's place and when nothing's wrong with it.
It was just the littlest toe of my right foot that got caught on that fence post. And it made me so I couldn't walk for half of a day. You wouldn't think that something so small could affect you so much. But it can.
That's how the body of Christ is. You may be small, and pretty much unnoticed. But...when you're not able to work correctly...it affects everybody.
Thank You Jesus for the body of Christ. And for all the different parts we play. Help me to not take Your body for granted. Help me to realize that each one of us has a special part to play.
-Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment