It's hard to believe that 2 months ago I was in a nice comfortable life without too many problems and where everything was familiar to me.
So I go from a nice comfortable and familiar home in Oregon, to a babysitting job in Canada for my brother and his family. And from there I go to college life.
Everything is so different...
It's new...
It's fresh...
It's scary...
It's exciting!
My first week here I hated it. I was ready to go home...but things are getting better now.
And I'm starting to realize that I'm not here for myself. God brought me here for a reason. He has a purpose for my life. And He's going to use me to bring Himself glory.
I wish I knew how it is that He is planning on using me up here, but that's unknown for now. I just know that my being here isn't pointless. It's not just for me to learn more about God. Yes, it is for me to learn more about who He is. But ultimately it's about HIM...not me.
Who can we compare God to?
God asks Job this question in the Bible (Job 38-39). And there answer is that there is no comparison. We don't have anything or anybody great enough to compare God to.
And this same God of the bible, is the God who has special plans for my life to bring Him glory! Wow! It amazes me! Why would He want to use somebody as little as me? Who am I compared to God? I am like nothing compared to Him. And yet He still loves me and wants to use me.
If I could just remember that truth all the time it would make life so much easier. The Creator of the universe wants me! I get excited just thinking about that! And if He wants to use me up in Canada, then that's where I want to be.
WHERE YOU LEAD ME - MercyMe
"What is life? A thousand roads a thousand ways
And why am I so afraid to move?
I crossed the line, I'm stepping out so come what may
I give it all cause I'm drawn to You
(Chorus)
As long as my heart is beating
Where You lead me I will follow
Where You lead me I give my life away
Where You lead me I will follow
Forever and a day
I can't deny Your very presence is my life
And why would I ever turn away?
Cause deep inside I know that I cannot rely
On anything less than faith
This is all I'm dreaming of
To live completely in Your love"
Tasha, it is so good that you are understanding early on that God has a higher purpose for where you are now. And I am excited for all that God will do in and through you in the coming months and years! :)
ReplyDelete