This is the second day in the past 9 days that I've been able to stay home all day long. And it feels so good.
I've been doing laundry, and some dishes, writing thank you cards, and my next priority is to get my room cleaned up.
I think maybe my graduation was a little more than I bargained for. But it was fun!
The whole thing probably came over as pretty nice and smooth, but I sometimes wish that people could see behind the scenes on these type of things.
-Nobody would have known that we worked like crazy on getting the gym painted the week before.
-Or that we dumped a 5 gallon bucket of paint over while we were trying to get the gym painted.
-And trying to get that pool table out of there. That's another story. I refuse to ever help anybody move that thing again.
-We ran out of paint 2 different times so we had to get more.
-Trying to hang the streamers was interesting. Lets just say I'm not too good at throwing rolls of streamers over rafters.
-I bet nobody knew that the skirt I was wearing was held up with safety pins because it was HUGE on me!!
-I didn't know what to do with my hair, so I finally just left it down.
-The hem of my skirt was out of whack, so I tried to iron it down...which didn't work too well.
-I forgot about the question papers until the last minute so we rushed to get those all printed off.
And I'm sure there was some more stuff that was kinda crazy that I'm missing, but that's about all that I know of.
Who would have known?
Sometimes that's what my life feels like.
It can look totally perfect to people on the outside, but when you get to the inside you realize that everything's held together with "safety pins".
I sometimes wonder how I come across to people. Do they see me as a person who has it all together? Or do they see me as more of a broken type of person?
I hope they see Jesus through me. And if I need to be broken for them to see Jesus, than that's what I want to be. If I need to be somewhat together for them to see Jesus, than that's what I want to be.
I mostly think that people want others to be real. I know I love being around somebody who is being real. I'm drawn to the people who stick with what they believe even when somebody else disagrees with them. Especially when they're the kind of person who can have their own opinion and not judge you for yours.
That's the kind of person who I want to be. I want to be able to state my own, real opinion of what I believe. And I don't want to be judgmental of others.
But the bible says to judge with a righteous judgment (John 7:24).
What does that mean?
Does it mean that I have to reject people when they're doing something wrong?
Or what should I do?
What if I honestly believe that what somebody is doing is wrong?
Do I confront them on it?
What do I do?
Are they just going to think that I'm being judgmental?
I've run into this problem lots of times. And I never know what I should do about it. I've confronted people before, and some of them have respected that, and others haven't.
I guess this is something that I'm going to have to search out in the bible and look for answers...because I have no idea what would be the right thing to do here.
What would God want me to do?
What would He do?
Hey, Tasha, the grad party and the sleepover were so much fun! I know what it can be like to plan an event like that - it takes so much work and energy, yet most people have no idea of everything that happened behind the scenes.
ReplyDeleteThanks for inviting me to the sleepover, too. I don't think you girls really needed a chaperone, but it was a lot of fun to be there. :)
Even before I read the paragraph about people wanting others to be "real" that is the word that came to my mind when I thought of you. You are real. You don't pretend to have it all together and I believe you admit your brokenness, too. You being real makes people feel comfortable around you.
Regarding the confrontation thing, that is something I have struggled with - whether or not to say something, how to say it, etc. I think the best place to start is to pray about it and the person involved. Ask God what He would want you to do or say.
By the way, I have enjoyed your blog - you're a good writer with some great thoughts! :)
Hey Ruthie, You're welcome! I'm glad you came to the party even if we didn't "need" you there as a chaperone.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice too! It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with that.