I was watching a bird fly earlier. Birds don't seem to have a care in the world.
And I thought...oh, that would be so nice to just be able to soar across this valley and take in the beauty of it all...and just take a moment to relax.
Doesn't that sound good?
Maybe flying doesn't sound so great to some people, but it sounds like a lot of fun to me.
God created birds to fly. He made them so that they could fly. They don't complain about it and just walk everywhere. They do what God intended for them to do. And through that they bring glory to God.
A tiny little bird can bring glory to God.
That thought kinda amazes me!
If something so little and small can bring glory to God just by doing what it was created to do, then can't I bring glory to God by doing what He created me to do?
It makes total sense to me.
I can bring glory to God by simply loving Him or giving Him praise for something.
And there are a bunch of little ways that I can bring glory to God. Little things that I wouldn't even think could bring Him glory. Things like taking time to play with a little kid. Or maybe not yelling at somebody when they "deserve" to be yelled at. Or something like honoring my parents. Or keeping my thoughts pure.
All of these things that I just mentioned are "little" things, and won't get noticed by people.
But does God notice them? You bet He does!
If we're doing it from a heart that desires to please God and love Him, then I'm sure that it brings Him glory.
I am created on purpose and for a purpose by a loving God. And I can bring Him glory every single day of my life even through the "little" things.
That just makes me excited about life! I'm so excited about going to heaven! But living for Christ here on earth is also really exciting! It's an adventure, and the coolest part is....God's walking right by my side through the whole adventure! :)
Lord Jesus...I could sing of You and Your love forever (or at least until my voice died, and even then my heart could still sing)!!! Thank You for loving me, and for giving me a reason to keep on living. Help me to live my life completely for You. I want YOU to be my main focus! And I want YOU to be the One that I'm living for. Thank You for creating everything with a special purpose...and ultimately to glorify You. You're so cool God...and I'm so excited to see where You'll lead me and how You'll lead me in the next year, month, week and even day. Thank You for life Jesus. Help me to glorify You more with my life.
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment