Trust: What does it mean?
I looked it up in the dictionary and here's some of what I got.
1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2. confident expectation of something; hope.
I've been having a hard time just trusting God lately.
I have so many unknowns in my future.
I'm leaving for Canada in 2 weeks to help brother and sister-in-law with their kids. I'll do that for about a month, and then I'll go to college from there.
I don't mind saying that I'm scared.
I'm leaving home pretty much for the first time in my life. I'm doing something new. I'm leaving the country. I'm going to be 1000 miles away from my home, my family, my friends, and my church.
But God...will be with me.
When I think about leaving home, I get overwhelmed with fears and doubts. I start doubting that it is where God really wants me to be. I get scared when I think about being a college student. What if I fail my classes? What if I don't understand what the teacher is talking about?
Or...what about all the other things that I know I will be faced with while I'm up there. What about my standards? Am I going to get swept into college life and slowly keep on dropping my standards? What if I get into a relationship with a guy and it doesn't work out? What if my relationships with my friends at home start to die?
Do I really trust God?
Who is God?
He's the Creator of this universe. And He created me.
If He created me does that mean that He is able to take care of me?
YES, YES, YES!!!
God knows me better than I know me! And He knows what's best for me! And I can trust my whole life to Him! Jesus Christ is worthy of my trust. He knows my future. He knows what will happen to me every single day for the rest of my life. And nothing can happen to me that God doesn't allow to happen. I can rest in Him and know that He's taking care of me. He is totally trustworthy.
And...not only will He be with me when I'm up in Canada...
I know He will also be here at home with each one of my family members and my friends. I don't need to worry about them because God is holding each one of them in His hands. And I know I can trust God to take care of them when I'm gone.
Do I trust God?
I'm learning to trust Him. It's so freeing to just let things go, and know that God is in control.
Tasha, thank you for your honesty. I too have been facing some fears as I think about going back to Uganda. Fears of separation once again from family and friends, fears of not being able to do what God wants, fears of not meeting expectations, fears of not being ready, etc. Trust does take faith that God is indeed our Creator and He will take care of us and the ones we love. But He has ALWAYS proven Himself in the past. Thank you for the encouraging words! :)
ReplyDeleteTasha...something God really taught me in the last couple years is that I can't trust Him through hard times unless I believe the truth about who He is. Do I really believe that God is crazy about me?? Do I really believe that He will always do what is best for me and that even if He allows me to go through pain that He is carrying me through my trials?? It's hard to look at the face of Jesus and NOT trust Him. Keep your eyes focused on Jesus and you will be free. I'm praying for you and I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDelete