Friday, May 20, 2011

My "Little" Brother

Today is one of those lazy days for me.
Laying outside in the sunshine just soaking it in. 

I can hear my dad and two brothers down at the end of our property logging. 
I think this logging job is making a man out of my 14 year old brother.
I walked into our kitchen this morning and he was laying on the floor with my dad bent over him telling him not to get up. He didn't eat or drink very much yesterday because he was logging all day long. I guess it kicked in this morning because he had completely passed out. 
Crazy guy.

I can't wait to see what he will be like when he gets older.
He's already too smart for his own good....well, sometimes anyways.
He's always trying to fix problems logically, just like my other brother (Laramie) who is just a little older than me.

Birch: Well...if this is the problem than just do this, or just say this and everything will be fine... Just speak the truth. What's so hard about telling someone the truth, just do it...it's easy.
Me: Um, no Birch...it doesn't work that way, and it's not always easy.
Birch:  Well, that's the way that I would do it.
Me:  Ok. Thanks for the advice.


I can't help but wonder what kind of a man he'll be in 5 years.
He's got an outgoing personality and he's pretty wild when he wants to be. But he also knows how to be serious.
I think I'm going to miss him more than I'll know when I leave home. 
But I thank God for the time that I've been able to have with him so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment